Why do I Need to Cite?
Harvard referencing can be a confusing task, especially if you are new to the concept, but it’s absolutely essential. In fact, accurate and complete referencing can mean the difference between reaching your academic goals and damaging your reputation amongst scholars. Simply put - referencing is the citing of sources you have utilised to support your essay, research, conference or article etc.
Even if you are using our Harvard style citation generator, understanding why you need to cite will go a long way in helping you to naturally integrate the process into your research and writing routine.
Firstly, whenever another source contributes to your work you must give the original author the appropriate credit in order to avoid plagiarism, even when you have completely reworded the information. The only exception to this rule is common knowledge - e.g. Barack Obama is President of the United States. Whilst plagiarism is not always intentional, it is easy to accidentally plagiarize your work when you are under pressure from imminent deadlines, you have managed your time ineffectively, or if you lack confidence when putting ideas into your own words. The consequences can be severe; deduction of marks at best, expulsion from college or legal action from the original author at worst. Find out more here.
This may sound overwhelming, but plagiarism can be easily avoided by using our Harvard citation generator and carrying out your research and written work thoughtfully and responsibly. We have compiled a handy checklist to follow whilst you are working on an assignment.
How to avoid plagiarism:
- Formulate a detailed plan - carefully outline both the relevant content you need to include, as well as how you plan on structuring your work
- Keep track of your sources - record all of the relevant publication information as you go (e.g. If you are citing a book you should note the author or editor’s name(s), year of publication, title, edition number, city of publication and name of publisher). Carefully save each quote, word-for-word, and place it in inverted commas to differentiate it from your own words. Tired of interrupting your workflow to cite? Use our Harvard referencing generator to automate the process
- Manage your time effectively - make use of time plans and targets, and give yourself enough time to read, write and proofread
- When you are paraphrasing information, make sure that you use only your own words and a sentence structure that differs from the original text
- Save all of your research and citations in a safe place - organise and manage your Harvard style citations.
If you carefully check your college or publisher’s advice and guidelines on citing and stick to this checklist, you should be confident that you will not be accused of plagiarism.
Secondly, proving that your writing is informed by appropriate academic reading will enhance your work’s authenticity. Academic writing values original thought that analyzes and builds upon the ideas of other scholars. It is therefore important to use Harvard style referencing to accurately signpost where you have used someone else’s ideas in order to show that your writing is based on knowledge and informed by appropriate academic reading. Citing your sources will demonstrate to your reader that you have delved deeply into your chosen topic and supported your thesis with expert opinions.
Here at Cite This For Me we understand how precious your time is, which is why we created our Harvard citation generator and guide to help relieve the unnecessary stress of citing. Escape assignment-hell and give yourself more time to focus on the content of your work by using Cite This For Me citation management tool.
Harvard citation generator: Get automated help with your references
Do you know what plagiarism is? Well, it is using the ideas of other people, without citing or acknowledging their roles in the production of such kind of work. Providing an accurate citation is one of the most effective ways of avoiding plagiarism. Using the Harvard citation generator is one of the most effective ways and methods of avoiding plagiarism. This is an automated system that allows you to generate citations for your paper. Note that, the Harvard reference style is not difficult to master.
It is one of the simplest styles of references that you can use to write your paper. Nonetheless, to save time, you can always rely on an auto citation Harvard reference system. The results of using such kind of a system are instant, and all that is required is for you to provide the name of your resources or materials that you want to use for the purpose of referencing your paper using Harvard citation style. On this basis, our Harvard online citation generation system will help you with your citations. The Harvard citation machine that we use is reliable and accurate. At no given time will these machines produce citations that are not correct. Furthermore, our citation generators are constantly updated for purposes of ensuring that they produce Harvard reference and citations that are up to date.
Note that, there are a number of other styles of referencing that can be used to reference your paper. Another style is APA. Most universities that are using the American system of education prefer to use the APA for purposes of referencing their papers. Other popular styles are MLA, Oxford, and Chicago. Nonetheless, if you are stuck with your paper, and are unable to format it using the mentioned styles, you can ask for professional assistance from us. We are available 24/7, and ready to help you.
Moreover, the following are the steps you should not ignore when writing your paper. If you follow these steps, you will definitely avoid the submission of plagiarized work. The following are the steps:
- Understanding of questions: You must first understand the question that is being asked, and come up with an approach that you want to use in answering it. This process also involves formulating a unique and original thesis.
- Data collection: Begin the process of collecting data. Ensure that the materials you use are relevant and will help you prove your thesis.
- Analysis: Analyze the data collected. This will include picking up the relevant information that will help to prove your thesis. This is an important step, because any information that you use from the sources must be referenced. When using Harvard reference style, ensure that all the materials and sources used for your paper are properly referenced at the end of your paper.
When you follow these strategies, chances of you coming up with a unique and non-plagiarized paper are high. This is because you will be writing your paper from scratch, and any borrowed work will be well cited. You can always seek professional assistance when you are not able to write your papers from scratch.
Harvard reference generator: Get automated Harvard citation and improve the quality of your paper
Well, if you want to benefit from our Harvard reference generator, you can ask us to write your paper for you. Our generator has the capability of providing accurate Harvard citation; thus, you will not need to write the citations manually. One of the benefits you will enjoy once you get a paper from us is that your paper will be revised for free. We do not tolerate low quality work; hence, you have a right to request a write to revise your work, in case the solution provided is wrong.
Additionally, we have a refund policy. You have a right to ask us to refund back your money if the solution of your paper is wrong. It is advisable to request a refund if the revised paper is not satisfactorily done. Furthermore, our services are available 24/7. You can request a writer to write your paper at any time. In fact, if you have an urgent order, do not hesitate to bring it to us. We can write a paper that has a very short deadline and deliver it on time. We, therefore, encourage you to order an essay writing service from us, and we shall never disappoint you.